R. E. Dye established R. E. Dye Machine
Supply in 1919 to serve the automotive and welding needs in Breckenridge.
Defense requirements during World War II required a change to military
production. In 1957 Dye Supply incorporated and changed to R. E. Dye
Manufacturing Corporation. Production continued for the military as well as
Bell Helicopter, Lockheed, General Dynamics, LTV and several oilfield
companies. R. E. Dye's nephew, Jimmy Dye, was employed in 1959 with a degree
in Mechanical Engineer-
ing from Texas A&M. He purchased the company in 1993 and
continues the family business along with his two sons, Coby and Steve.